Mar 1, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
In case you missed it today was Harry Caray’s birthday.
The legendary Cubs, White Sox, A’s and Cardinals broadcaster, who died in 1998, would have turned 96. The 12th annual Worldwide Toast to Harry Caray took place today in Chicago at Harry Caray’s Tavern, which just so happened to open to the public this morning.
But here at HBT, we’re going to honor Caray the best way we know how: With a Will Ferrell video. Enjoy.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)