Mar 1, 2010, 4:55 PM EST
Torre said Koufax is in Arizona to visit family, but he’s expected to
soon appear at Camelback Ranch-Glendale, as he did last year, and no
doubt will watch Kershaw at work, as he did two years ago at Dodgertown.
“It was pretty awesome,” said Kershaw. “We talked for an hour and it
was unbelievable. I learned more on one plane trip than I have in a
long time. Honeycutt is great with the mechanics, but at the same time,
this is one of the best ever. It’s pretty cool.
Maybe he went to Mets’ camp because of the Wilpon’s well-known fixation on the Dodgers, and he’s probably going to Camelback because he, you know, played a little bit for the Dodgers. I’d like to think, however, that Koufax just roams the Earth, helping southpaws whenever he may find them. Like a pitching High Plains Drifter or something.
Either that or he was really working deep cover for the Dodgers last week and intentionally messed up the Mets’ pitchers. Which would be fine too.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 85
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 28
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (85)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)