Mar 1, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Torre said Koufax is in Arizona to visit family, but he’s expected to
soon appear at Camelback Ranch-Glendale, as he did last year, and no
doubt will watch Kershaw at work, as he did two years ago at Dodgertown.
“It was pretty awesome,” said Kershaw. “We talked for an hour and it
was unbelievable. I learned more on one plane trip than I have in a
long time. Honeycutt is great with the mechanics, but at the same time,
this is one of the best ever. It’s pretty cool.
Maybe he went to Mets’ camp because of the Wilpon’s well-known fixation on the Dodgers, and he’s probably going to Camelback because he, you know, played a little bit for the Dodgers. I’d like to think, however, that Koufax just roams the Earth, helping southpaws whenever he may find them. Like a pitching High Plains Drifter or something.
Either that or he was really working deep cover for the Dodgers last week and intentionally messed up the Mets’ pitchers. Which would be fine too.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 34
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 9
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)