Mar 1, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Torre said Koufax is in Arizona to visit family, but he’s expected to
soon appear at Camelback Ranch-Glendale, as he did last year, and no
doubt will watch Kershaw at work, as he did two years ago at Dodgertown.
“It was pretty awesome,” said Kershaw. “We talked for an hour and it
was unbelievable. I learned more on one plane trip than I have in a
long time. Honeycutt is great with the mechanics, but at the same time,
this is one of the best ever. It’s pretty cool.
Maybe he went to Mets’ camp because of the Wilpon’s well-known fixation on the Dodgers, and he’s probably going to Camelback because he, you know, played a little bit for the Dodgers. I’d like to think, however, that Koufax just roams the Earth, helping southpaws whenever he may find them. Like a pitching High Plains Drifter or something.
Either that or he was really working deep cover for the Dodgers last week and intentionally messed up the Mets’ pitchers. Which would be fine too.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 11
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 120
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 72
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)