Mar 1, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Torre said Koufax is in Arizona to visit family, but he’s expected to
soon appear at Camelback Ranch-Glendale, as he did last year, and no
doubt will watch Kershaw at work, as he did two years ago at Dodgertown.
“It was pretty awesome,” said Kershaw. “We talked for an hour and it
was unbelievable. I learned more on one plane trip than I have in a
long time. Honeycutt is great with the mechanics, but at the same time,
this is one of the best ever. It’s pretty cool.
Maybe he went to Mets’ camp because of the Wilpon’s well-known fixation on the Dodgers, and he’s probably going to Camelback because he, you know, played a little bit for the Dodgers. I’d like to think, however, that Koufax just roams the Earth, helping southpaws whenever he may find them. Like a pitching High Plains Drifter or something.
Either that or he was really working deep cover for the Dodgers last week and intentionally messed up the Mets’ pitchers. Which would be fine too.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)