Mar 1, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
After missing 73 games last season with back, groin, and rib injuries Josh Hamilton hurt his left shoulder last week when he fell during a pop-up drill at the Rangers’ first official workout of spring training.
X-rays showed no major damage and Hamilton was hoping to shake off the injury, but instead he skipped batting practice yesterday and has now been scratched from the lineup for today’s intrasquad game.
“We’ve got a lot of time,” manager Ron Washington said. “If this continues four or five days, then we might start to get concerned.” Unfortunately, given how things have gone for Hamilton since his breakout 2008 campaign that sounds more like a promise than anything else.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 3
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 23
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 6
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (161)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)