Mar 1, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
After missing 73 games last season with back, groin, and rib injuries Josh Hamilton hurt his left shoulder last week when he fell during a pop-up drill at the Rangers’ first official workout of spring training.
X-rays showed no major damage and Hamilton was hoping to shake off the injury, but instead he skipped batting practice yesterday and has now been scratched from the lineup for today’s intrasquad game.
“We’ve got a lot of time,” manager Ron Washington said. “If this continues four or five days, then we might start to get concerned.” Unfortunately, given how things have gone for Hamilton since his breakout 2008 campaign that sounds more like a promise than anything else.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)