Mar 1, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
After missing 73 games last season with back, groin, and rib injuries Josh Hamilton hurt his left shoulder last week when he fell during a pop-up drill at the Rangers’ first official workout of spring training.
X-rays showed no major damage and Hamilton was hoping to shake off the injury, but instead he skipped batting practice yesterday and has now been scratched from the lineup for today’s intrasquad game.
“We’ve got a lot of time,” manager Ron Washington said. “If this continues four or five days, then we might start to get concerned.” Unfortunately, given how things have gone for Hamilton since his breakout 2008 campaign that sounds more like a promise than anything else.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)