Mar 1, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
After missing 73 games last season with back, groin, and rib injuries Josh Hamilton hurt his left shoulder last week when he fell during a pop-up drill at the Rangers’ first official workout of spring training.
X-rays showed no major damage and Hamilton was hoping to shake off the injury, but instead he skipped batting practice yesterday and has now been scratched from the lineup for today’s intrasquad game.
“We’ve got a lot of time,” manager Ron Washington said. “If this continues four or five days, then we might start to get concerned.” Unfortunately, given how things have gone for Hamilton since his breakout 2008 campaign that sounds more like a promise than anything else.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)