Mar 1, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Joe Posnanski’s latest tweet:
I have been hold on for 10 minutes minutes while trying to BUY KC Royals’ season tickets. Seriously, how pathetic is my life?
I’m not sayin’ that Joe Posnanski should get special treatment just because he’s a big famous Kansas City-based sportswriter, but that’s not the kind of publicity the Royals really want at the moment.
And really, how many people are calling in to buy Royals season tickets this morning? Fewer than call in to get a pizza on any given Friday evening, I’d wager, and if the pizza place put you on hold for ten minutes you’d never buy from there again.
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 0
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 17
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 42
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 20
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)