Mar 1, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Joe Posnanski’s latest tweet:
I have been hold on for 10 minutes minutes while trying to BUY KC Royals’ season tickets. Seriously, how pathetic is my life?
I’m not sayin’ that Joe Posnanski should get special treatment just because he’s a big famous Kansas City-based sportswriter, but that’s not the kind of publicity the Royals really want at the moment.
And really, how many people are calling in to buy Royals season tickets this morning? Fewer than call in to get a pizza on any given Friday evening, I’d wager, and if the pizza place put you on hold for ten minutes you’d never buy from there again.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 7
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)