Mar 2, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
In an article about Padre teammates Jerry and Scott Hairston, Jerry Crasnick notes that baseball brothers tend to unite in San Diego:
Roberto and Sandy Alomar Jr. were teammates in the late 1980s, and Tony
and Chris Gwynn played together for the Padres’ NL West title team in
1996. In recent years, Trevor and Glenn Hoffman (a Padres coach), Brian and Marcus Giles and Adrian and Edgar Gonzalez have worn the team’s uniform and perpetuated the tradition.
Know what? My brother lives in San Diego. I hereby demand a trade to the Padres so that we can hang out more.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 56
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)