The Yankees have to return some World Series money

Mar 2, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT

CNBC’s Darren Rovell:

Sources told CNBC that Yankees players recently
received a letter from the Major League Baseball Players Association
that informed them that there was mistake in the calculation of the
World Series championship share . . . the letter told those who had full shares that three people (two
trainers and a player) were not allocated their proper share. The
result? Those who received full shares are now being asked to pay back
approximately $10,000 each.

I blame A-Rod. As I often say, he’s cheated the
game, cheated the fans, cheated himself and cheated whoever it is who calculates World Series shares.  He’s history’s greatest monster, really.

1. SouthofHeaven - Mar 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I bet A-Rod is the one player mentioned who’s getting all the extra money allocated to him. Muahahahaha!

2. Collin - Mar 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

LOL!!!! Good one Craig…

3. Wayne Slaven - Mar 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Uh, don’t you think if a player mentioned didn’t get a full share, and players are being asked to give money back, that the player mentioned DIDN’T GET ENOUGH money?

4. RNC - Mar 2, 2010 at 7:30 PM

A-Rod pay Craig $10,000 to polish is ring.

5. RM - Mar 2, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Total amount / # shares
    How hard is that? This sport revolves around statistics and they can’t do simple division!

6. tim - Mar 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM

seriously? who friggin cares? If I made $10M a year? $10k, pocket change. WHY the HELL are we SO obsessed with the yankees? Christ, just so y’all know, there are like 29 OTHER teams. I realize it’s a news flash to most of you brain dead band wagon jackasses, can we talk about something (someone) else? BREAKING NEWS!!! A-ROD TOOK A DUMP! News at 11:00….

7. Charles Gates - Mar 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM

It honestly keeps me up at night thinking about how those $10,000′s that A-Rod misdirected hurts the children.

8. woody - Mar 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM

AROD should put up a a least double that amount to SUE craig just for being a jerk.

9. 2cents - Mar 2, 2010 at 8:44 PM

So 46 guys have to send back ten grand each. That’s $460,000.00 that gets split three ways. So the number crunchers messd up and shorted three guys $153,000.00 each? Really?! Am I missing something here on the math and what I read in his article? …just sayin’. Kinda goofy!

10. BillyBeaneismyHero - Mar 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM

It’s called being pithy…sarcastic…having a sense of humor. Apparently, all of those things are lost on you.

11. Motherscratcher - Mar 2, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I’m not sure what I enjoyed more. Craig’s original post, or Tim’s awesome comment.

12. YANKEES1996 - Mar 3, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Hey Craig, see if you can link A-Rod to global warming and the recent earthquakes in Haiti and Chile while your at it.
    Just kidding, I know those things are his fault!

Managers get easier path to Cooperstown
  1. H. Street (3461)