Mar 3, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
Seattle manager Don Wakamatsu insisted Beltre wear a cup when he came back from the injury. It didn’t last long.
wore it for a couple of days so they think I’m wearing it,” said
Beltre. “After that I stopped. At the end of the year, I was back to
But why on Earth would he go back to the hot corner without protection?
a good question,” Beltre said. “I don’t know yet. I’m going to try it
in spring training and see how it goes. I should, but it just doesn’t
seem comfortable. I tried to wear it before, but I just don’t feel
right. It just isn’t comfortable . . . They say I’m crazy not to wear the cup. But I say, if the ball’s going
to hit me there every 11 1/2 years, I’ll take my chances.”
Show of hands: how many of you would take a traumatic testicle injury every decade or so in exchange for being a tad more comfortable on a day to day basis?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)