Mar 3, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Seattle manager Don Wakamatsu insisted Beltre wear a cup when he came back from the injury. It didn’t last long.
wore it for a couple of days so they think I’m wearing it,” said
Beltre. “After that I stopped. At the end of the year, I was back to
But why on Earth would he go back to the hot corner without protection?
a good question,” Beltre said. “I don’t know yet. I’m going to try it
in spring training and see how it goes. I should, but it just doesn’t
seem comfortable. I tried to wear it before, but I just don’t feel
right. It just isn’t comfortable . . . They say I’m crazy not to wear the cup. But I say, if the ball’s going
to hit me there every 11 1/2 years, I’ll take my chances.”
Show of hands: how many of you would take a traumatic testicle injury every decade or so in exchange for being a tad more comfortable on a day to day basis?
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)