Mar 3, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
Seattle manager Don Wakamatsu insisted Beltre wear a cup when he came back from the injury. It didn’t last long.
wore it for a couple of days so they think I’m wearing it,” said
Beltre. “After that I stopped. At the end of the year, I was back to
But why on Earth would he go back to the hot corner without protection?
a good question,” Beltre said. “I don’t know yet. I’m going to try it
in spring training and see how it goes. I should, but it just doesn’t
seem comfortable. I tried to wear it before, but I just don’t feel
right. It just isn’t comfortable . . . They say I’m crazy not to wear the cup. But I say, if the ball’s going
to hit me there every 11 1/2 years, I’ll take my chances.”
Show of hands: how many of you would take a traumatic testicle injury every decade or so in exchange for being a tad more comfortable on a day to day basis?
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)