Mar 3, 2010, 12:43 AM EDT
Singer Sarah McLachlan is known for her heart-wrenching animal rescue television ads.
In fact, at this point she might be known more for her tear-inducing television appearances than her actual music. Sort of like Flavor Flav, only without the giants clocks, and with a little bit more class. YEAH BOY!
But I digress …
McLachlan has done some honorable work, using her relative fame to help stray animals. Now, in true Internet fashion, she is being mocked for it.
A group called 12 Angry Mascots has put together a humorous video featuring McLachan. Only now, instead of rescuing animals, the singer wants to spread the word to baseball fans:
It’s time to come together to rescue a free agent. For just $18 a month, you can help feed John Smoltz or Jermaine Dye, or pay the medical expenses of Joe Crede or Carlos Delgado.
Act now before it’s too late.
[Hat tip to Big League Stew]
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)