Mar 3, 2010, 12:43 AM EDT
Singer Sarah McLachlan is known for her heart-wrenching animal rescue television ads.
In fact, at this point she might be known more for her tear-inducing television appearances than her actual music. Sort of like Flavor Flav, only without the giants clocks, and with a little bit more class. YEAH BOY!
But I digress …
McLachlan has done some honorable work, using her relative fame to help stray animals. Now, in true Internet fashion, she is being mocked for it.
A group called 12 Angry Mascots has put together a humorous video featuring McLachan. Only now, instead of rescuing animals, the singer wants to spread the word to baseball fans:
It’s time to come together to rescue a free agent. For just $18 a month, you can help feed John Smoltz or Jermaine Dye, or pay the medical expenses of Joe Crede or Carlos Delgado.
Act now before it’s too late.
[Hat tip to Big League Stew]
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)