Mar 3, 2010, 12:43 AM EDT
Singer Sarah McLachlan is known for her heart-wrenching animal rescue television ads.
In fact, at this point she might be known more for her tear-inducing television appearances than her actual music. Sort of like Flavor Flav, only without the giants clocks, and with a little bit more class. YEAH BOY!
But I digress …
McLachlan has done some honorable work, using her relative fame to help stray animals. Now, in true Internet fashion, she is being mocked for it.
A group called 12 Angry Mascots has put together a humorous video featuring McLachan. Only now, instead of rescuing animals, the singer wants to spread the word to baseball fans:
It’s time to come together to rescue a free agent. For just $18 a month, you can help feed John Smoltz or Jermaine Dye, or pay the medical expenses of Joe Crede or Carlos Delgado.
Act now before it’s too late.
[Hat tip to Big League Stew]
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)