Mar 3, 2010, 12:43 AM EDT
Singer Sarah McLachlan is known for her heart-wrenching animal rescue television ads.
In fact, at this point she might be known more for her tear-inducing television appearances than her actual music. Sort of like Flavor Flav, only without the giants clocks, and with a little bit more class. YEAH BOY!
But I digress …
McLachlan has done some honorable work, using her relative fame to help stray animals. Now, in true Internet fashion, she is being mocked for it.
A group called 12 Angry Mascots has put together a humorous video featuring McLachan. Only now, instead of rescuing animals, the singer wants to spread the word to baseball fans:
It’s time to come together to rescue a free agent. For just $18 a month, you can help feed John Smoltz or Jermaine Dye, or pay the medical expenses of Joe Crede or Carlos Delgado.
Act now before it’s too late.
[Hat tip to Big League Stew]
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 0
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 14
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (95)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)