Mar 3, 2010, 12:43 AM EST
Singer Sarah McLachlan is known for her heart-wrenching animal rescue television ads.
In fact, at this point she might be known more for her tear-inducing television appearances than her actual music. Sort of like Flavor Flav, only without the giants clocks, and with a little bit more class. YEAH BOY!
But I digress …
McLachlan has done some honorable work, using her relative fame to help stray animals. Now, in true Internet fashion, she is being mocked for it.
A group called 12 Angry Mascots has put together a humorous video featuring McLachan. Only now, instead of rescuing animals, the singer wants to spread the word to baseball fans:
It’s time to come together to rescue a free agent. For just $18 a month, you can help feed John Smoltz or Jermaine Dye, or pay the medical expenses of Joe Crede or Carlos Delgado.
Act now before it’s too late.
[Hat tip to Big League Stew]
- Report: Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from the Athletics 0
- The Matt Kemp trade is expected to go down as planned 0
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 66
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)