Mar 3, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Huston Street’s shoulder began hurting after throwing batting practice Friday, so the Rockies’ closer won’t appear in a game until next week at the earliest:
It’s not a major deal. But it’s not minor, either. They are just extra cautious when you have a month before the season starts. We don’t have a timetable, but I want to be in games soon.
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Street is taking anti-inflammatory pills and has been able to play catch from 90 feet, so the fact that he hasn’t been shut down completely is a good sign.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness