Mar 3, 2010, 8:58 AM EDT
Last night Matthew and Drew gave us the overview regarding Adrian Gonzalez, including the mondo contract he’s reportedly demanding and the odds of him landing in Chicago. Pile that on top of the long-running Red Sox speculation, of course. But Boston and Chicago aren’t the only teams who would love to get their mitts on a young, inexpensive superstar. Heeeeeeeeere’s Heyman!
mets LOVE ike davis. but there were 1 of many to call about the great adrian gonzalez.
Two questions about that tweet:
1. I figured that Heyman didn’t capitalize proper nouns in his tweets because it was a hassle doing it from his phone or whatever, but he can obviously capitalize the word “LOVE.” Why not “mets,” “ike davis” and “adrian gonzalez?” Maybe journalism school isn’t as rigorous as some think; and
2. Do the Mets have the goods to get Gonzalez? Ike Davis is a decent prospect who would be immediately redundant in the event AG came to Queens, but he doesn’t strike me as the kind of player that someone with Jed Hoyer’s sensibilities would consider to be a trade anchor. Are there enough other near-ready prospects in the Mets system to get such a beast done? That’s an honest question, by the way, not me slamming the Mets system.
Certainly New York would be a candidate to give Gonzalez that Teixeira-like contract he apparently wants, but that’s two years from now. The real play for him will be before then.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)