Mar 4, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Bobby Abreu left the Yankees as a free agent about 16 months ago, but just recently sold his New York condo for a whopping $5.1 million.
I’m a lifelong Minnesota, so that seems like an insanely high price for a place that’s only 2,444 square feet, but the condo is apparently in an up-scale neighborhood and just a few blocks from Central Park. Definitely walking distance, especially for Abreu. He’s always had a good eye.
Abreu played last season on a one-year, $5 million contract with the Angels and then re-signed in November for $19 million over two years, putting his career earnings at more than $110 million.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 134
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (142)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)