Mar 4, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
Bobby Abreu left the Yankees as a free agent about 16 months ago, but just recently sold his New York condo for a whopping $5.1 million.
I’m a lifelong Minnesota, so that seems like an insanely high price for a place that’s only 2,444 square feet, but the condo is apparently in an up-scale neighborhood and just a few blocks from Central Park. Definitely walking distance, especially for Abreu. He’s always had a good eye.
Abreu played last season on a one-year, $5 million contract with the Angels and then re-signed in November for $19 million over two years, putting his career earnings at more than $110 million.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)