Mar 4, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
Bobby Abreu left the Yankees as a free agent about 16 months ago, but just recently sold his New York condo for a whopping $5.1 million.
I’m a lifelong Minnesota, so that seems like an insanely high price for a place that’s only 2,444 square feet, but the condo is apparently in an up-scale neighborhood and just a few blocks from Central Park. Definitely walking distance, especially for Abreu. He’s always had a good eye.
Abreu played last season on a one-year, $5 million contract with the Angels and then re-signed in November for $19 million over two years, putting his career earnings at more than $110 million.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)