Mar 4, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Bobby Abreu left the Yankees as a free agent about 16 months ago, but just recently sold his New York condo for a whopping $5.1 million.
I’m a lifelong Minnesota, so that seems like an insanely high price for a place that’s only 2,444 square feet, but the condo is apparently in an up-scale neighborhood and just a few blocks from Central Park. Definitely walking distance, especially for Abreu. He’s always had a good eye.
Abreu played last season on a one-year, $5 million contract with the Angels and then re-signed in November for $19 million over two years, putting his career earnings at more than $110 million.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)