Mar 4, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Brett Cecil has been scratched from his scheduled spring training debut today after cutting his left thumb in what pitching coach Bruce Walton called “a kitchen-type accident.”
That could mean Cecil sliced his thumb cutting bagels or it could mean he got into a brawl with Gordon Ramsay, because so far no further details have been given. For now I’ll just assume the Ramsay brawling, because obviously that seems most likely.
MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian notes that Cecil “is still playing catch and will resume normal activity in a couple days,” but any missed time will hurt the 23-year-old southpaw’s already iffy chances of claiming a spot in the Blue Jays’ rotation.
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 7
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Dodgers 21
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)