Mar 4, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Brett Cecil has been scratched from his scheduled spring training debut today after cutting his left thumb in what pitching coach Bruce Walton called “a kitchen-type accident.”
That could mean Cecil sliced his thumb cutting bagels or it could mean he got into a brawl with Gordon Ramsay, because so far no further details have been given. For now I’ll just assume the Ramsay brawling, because obviously that seems most likely.
MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian notes that Cecil “is still playing catch and will resume normal activity in a couple days,” but any missed time will hurt the 23-year-old southpaw’s already iffy chances of claiming a spot in the Blue Jays’ rotation.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup