Mar 4, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Brett Cecil has been scratched from his scheduled spring training debut today after cutting his left thumb in what pitching coach Bruce Walton called “a kitchen-type accident.”
That could mean Cecil sliced his thumb cutting bagels or it could mean he got into a brawl with Gordon Ramsay, because so far no further details have been given. For now I’ll just assume the Ramsay brawling, because obviously that seems most likely.
MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian notes that Cecil “is still playing catch and will resume normal activity in a couple days,” but any missed time will hurt the 23-year-old southpaw’s already iffy chances of claiming a spot in the Blue Jays’ rotation.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)