Mar 4, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
Carlos Lee missed the Astros’ spring training opener today and will also be absent for Friday’s game because he’s attending the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
He got manager Brad Mills’ blessing, of course. And this is not, as they say, his first rodeo.
Bernardo Fallas of the Houston Chronicle reports that Lee is “an avid cattle rancher with sprawling properties in his native Panama as well as in Wharton County” and “left camp after Wednesday’s workouts to attend the rodeo, where he has 11 entries.”
He’s expected to be in the lineup for Saturday’s game against the Braves.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 42
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 36
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)