Mar 4, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Heyman tweets that the Diamonbacks have offered $13.5 million over two years to Mark Reynolds.
You’ll recall that the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro recently did some rough calculations of what he thought Reynolds might be worth right now, and he came up with three years, $15 million. In light of Reynolds’ age and his strikeouts, each of which would limit his future earning capacity, I thought Piecoro’s analysis was pretty sound.
In light of that, this seems like this is a pretty decent offer for Reynolds. If he takes it he’ll still be under 30 the next time he’s up for a deal. And unless he falls off a cliff between now and then it should be a pretty decent deal.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)