Mar 4, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
Heyman tweets that the Diamonbacks have offered $13.5 million over two years to Mark Reynolds.
You’ll recall that the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro recently did some rough calculations of what he thought Reynolds might be worth right now, and he came up with three years, $15 million. In light of Reynolds’ age and his strikeouts, each of which would limit his future earning capacity, I thought Piecoro’s analysis was pretty sound.
In light of that, this seems like this is a pretty decent offer for Reynolds. If he takes it he’ll still be under 30 the next time he’s up for a deal. And unless he falls off a cliff between now and then it should be a pretty decent deal.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)