Mar 4, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Heyman tweets that the Diamonbacks have offered $13.5 million over two years to Mark Reynolds.
You’ll recall that the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro recently did some rough calculations of what he thought Reynolds might be worth right now, and he came up with three years, $15 million. In light of Reynolds’ age and his strikeouts, each of which would limit his future earning capacity, I thought Piecoro’s analysis was pretty sound.
In light of that, this seems like this is a pretty decent offer for Reynolds. If he takes it he’ll still be under 30 the next time he’s up for a deal. And unless he falls off a cliff between now and then it should be a pretty decent deal.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)