Mar 4, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
The Reds have Aroldis Chapman pitching in an intrasquad game today. They plan on having him make is real competitive debut on Monday. But he’ll be in relief, and not starting. What gives, Dusty?
“If we pitch him later, fans stick around and we sell more beer.”
People wonder how Dusty Baker has stuck around as long as he has. The answer: he’s one smart cookie.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 65
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15