Mar 4, 2010, 4:10 PM EST
Updates from the scratch files:
Jose Reyes was given the OK to do whatever it is he’s doing this week. The blood work that was mentioned when he was scratched this morning came back OK, though no one is saying what the blood work was for apart from saying it has nothing to do with his leg. Until told otherwise I’m assuming it was some sort of test to determine whether or not he is a zombie;
Nick Johnson’s scratch from the Yankees game was due to a bad back. The back went bad, he says, after “catching a spike in the tarpaulin around the batting cage at Bright House Field.” He says that he would have played today if it was the regular season. I agree, what with him not being anywhere near Bright House Field during the regular season.
In other news, based on the response from Twitter Nation following these scratches, every time Jose Reyes has a headache this season people will be mocking the Mets’ training staff and every time Johnson so much as hiccups, people will be saying that the Yankees screwed up in not keeping Johnny Damon.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)