Mar 4, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
Updates from the scratch files:
Jose Reyes was given the OK to do whatever it is he’s doing this week. The blood work that was mentioned when he was scratched this morning came back OK, though no one is saying what the blood work was for apart from saying it has nothing to do with his leg. Until told otherwise I’m assuming it was some sort of test to determine whether or not he is a zombie;
Nick Johnson’s scratch from the Yankees game was due to a bad back. The back went bad, he says, after “catching a spike in the tarpaulin around the batting cage at Bright House Field.” He says that he would have played today if it was the regular season. I agree, what with him not being anywhere near Bright House Field during the regular season.
In other news, based on the response from Twitter Nation following these scratches, every time Jose Reyes has a headache this season people will be mocking the Mets’ training staff and every time Johnson so much as hiccups, people will be saying that the Yankees screwed up in not keeping Johnny Damon.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)