Mar 4, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
What was it I said this morning about Nick Johnson staying healthy this year? He just got scratched as the DH for today’s Yankees game. No reason given. I’m going to guess . . . um, Zollinger-Ellision Syndrome. Day-to-day. Might need a cortisone shot for it or something.
UPDATE: It’s lower back stiffness. My wife had that just before our daughter was born. Trainers have him sitting on a big exercise ball and eating ice chips. Updates as warranted.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)