Mar 4, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
What was it I said this morning about Nick Johnson staying healthy this year? He just got scratched as the DH for today’s Yankees game. No reason given. I’m going to guess . . . um, Zollinger-Ellision Syndrome. Day-to-day. Might need a cortisone shot for it or something.
UPDATE: It’s lower back stiffness. My wife had that just before our daughter was born. Trainers have him sitting on a big exercise ball and eating ice chips. Updates as warranted.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 28
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)