Mar 4, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
What was it I said this morning about Nick Johnson staying healthy this year? He just got scratched as the DH for today’s Yankees game. No reason given. I’m going to guess . . . um, Zollinger-Ellision Syndrome. Day-to-day. Might need a cortisone shot for it or something.
UPDATE: It’s lower back stiffness. My wife had that just before our daughter was born. Trainers have him sitting on a big exercise ball and eating ice chips. Updates as warranted.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)