Mar 4, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
I get tired of salary cap talk sometimes because I don’t think it’s worth spending so much mental energy debating something that is never, ever going to happen in Major League Baseball. Because of that, I usually limit myself to one big post on it a year, and I like to save it for the trading deadline when everyone is complaining about how some contending team can just “go out and buy” some big name. At least when they’re not complaining that their team was “too cheap to go out and get a guy” who could help them win. So I’ll give it a pass today.
But if you’re into that debate there’s a very lengthy example of it today over at Around The Horn Baseball. ATH’s Danny Hobrock takes the “we need a salary cap” side and friend of the blog lar from Wezen-Ball takes the “forget it, Jake, it’s baseball” side. Enjoy.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 30
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)