Mar 4, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
I get tired of salary cap talk sometimes because I don’t think it’s worth spending so much mental energy debating something that is never, ever going to happen in Major League Baseball. Because of that, I usually limit myself to one big post on it a year, and I like to save it for the trading deadline when everyone is complaining about how some contending team can just “go out and buy” some big name. At least when they’re not complaining that their team was “too cheap to go out and get a guy” who could help them win. So I’ll give it a pass today.
But if you’re into that debate there’s a very lengthy example of it today over at Around The Horn Baseball. ATH’s Danny Hobrock takes the “we need a salary cap” side and friend of the blog lar from Wezen-Ball takes the “forget it, Jake, it’s baseball” side. Enjoy.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)