Mar 5, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Commenter YankeesfanLen schools another commenter — Andy — who didn’t understand where I was coming from in the Dayton Moore thread this morning:
Andy, I’ll introduce you to the program . . .
To keep things fair, our AL whipping-boys are the Royals, NL the Metropolitans. We throw in the Pirates, kind of like a tie-breaker. Just too much material to ignore. Minimum three posts a day about the Universe, either positive or left-handed negative, extra points for Jeter or ARod.
Then, to spice things up, a liberal layer of semi-modern-popculture references to movies of any genre (sci-fi usually prefered), music, and hot pastrami sandwiches, unless Old Gator goes all “horsemeat and velveeta on us.
That about covers it, hope Kyle has a great season.
I’d be insulted if Len didn’t have this blog’s m.o. nailed to the finest detail. And here I thought I was being mysterious.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 62
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 41
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)