Comment of the Day

Mar 5, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT

Commenter YankeesfanLen schools another commenter — Andy — who didn’t understand where I was coming from in the Dayton Moore thread this morning:

Andy, I’ll introduce you to the program . . .

To keep things fair, our AL whipping-boys are the Royals, NL the Metropolitans. We throw in the Pirates, kind of like a tie-breaker. Just too much material to ignore. Minimum three posts a day about the Universe, either positive or left-handed negative, extra points for Jeter or ARod.

Then, to spice things up, a liberal layer of semi-modern-popculture references to movies of any genre (sci-fi usually prefered), music, and hot pastrami sandwiches, unless Old Gator goes all “horsemeat and velveeta on us.

That about covers it, hope Kyle has a great season.

I’d be insulted if Len didn’t have this blog’s m.o. nailed to the finest detail.  And here I thought I was being mysterious.

1. Old Gator - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Great tag. Next week, I’m sending my script for Being Craig Calcaterra to Trigger Street. I’m thinking of using Roberto Benigni instead of John Cusak.

2. Old Gator - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Oh damn, that cockamamie “post comment” button again. Am I developing a twitch?
    What I wanted to say is, how in hell did I miss that line about being employed by the Glass family a measeley two weeks after J. D. Salinger died??? Zooey would have made a much better GM than Dayton Moore, anyway.

3. Ice Berg - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Too long; didn’t read.

4. TF in Tampa - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Its good to not to feel like the rookie here any more as I periodically post mostly nonsense random threads. Although, my good buddy Old Gator, definitely outshines me when it comes time to understanding some of his intrinsic and spiritual subconscious inner thoughts.
    You go, Gator!

5. enough already - Mar 5, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Please, don’t encourage them! Seriously, Gator, put some pants on.

6. Paul C - Mar 5, 2010 at 2:17 PM

how long before this site becomes “Craig Calcaterra’s Hardball Talk”? I think it’s the next logical step.

7. Andy - Mar 5, 2010 at 3:00 PM

“If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.” That’s what momma told me.

8. Old Gator - Mar 5, 2010 at 4:44 PM

We require neither encouragement nor pants. We’re self-motivated and poikilothermic.
    And this is Macondo, northermost city in South America, and, except for this past winter when the sheer psychokinetic press of right-wing deep denial of global warming caused an unscheduled El Nino event, subtropical to boot.

9. Scott - Mar 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Both Omar and Dayton deserve every cheap shot they get. Dayton is living in an alternate universe where an old catcher with bad OBP need to be replaced by an over-paid older catcher with horrid OBP. That team stinks, and is saved only by Greinke and Butler. Those two, and a weak division, are the only reason the team wins as many games as they do. Yuniesky Betancourt is a good defensive SS? Really?
    The Mets were a victim of horrid luck last year – continuing into this year with Reyes and his Thyroid – but thinking that Bengie Molina was the answer to their problems? Gimme a break. I don’t know if Omar is clueless, or he’s hamstrung by the Wilpons, but there are serious organizational issues at play with that team.
    If Craig chooses to be snarky about either of these teams, they’re well-deserved. And if you don’t like it, go to one of the other 100 MLB blogs.

10. Andy - Mar 6, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Oh damn, I sometimes comment here under the name Andy. Guess I’ll need to change that up.
    Old Gator taken?

11. Old Gator - Mar 6, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Yeah, and my wife is very territorial – especially in the spring.

Three legends off to Cooperstown