Mar 5, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
One of the things that takes all the fun out of hating the Mets is that just about every Mets blogger I’ve had the pleasure to know is a great guy who does great work. I mean sure, on the one hand it’s nice that these guys are so good that I am able to make my hate much better informed than it otherwise would be, but on the other hand it’s kind of sad to know that when the Mets make their inevitable missteps, someone I know and respect is unhappy.
Anyway, one of my favorite Mets blogs is Amazin’ Avenue. I mention them because today they’ve released their Amazin’ Avenue Annual 2010, which features 350 pages of Mets commentary, analysis, prospect coverage, and all kinds of other goodness. Best part: it’s free in PDF form (if you want a hardbound version you can pay them a little dough).
I shill this for two reasons: (1) I got a chance to peak at it before it was released, and it’s really, really good; and (2) internet baseball writers are doing the best work of anyone out there these days, and we should support the hell out of them.
Even the Mets ones.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 21
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 11
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 64
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)