Mar 5, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
One of the things that takes all the fun out of hating the Mets is that just about every Mets blogger I’ve had the pleasure to know is a great guy who does great work. I mean sure, on the one hand it’s nice that these guys are so good that I am able to make my hate much better informed than it otherwise would be, but on the other hand it’s kind of sad to know that when the Mets make their inevitable missteps, someone I know and respect is unhappy.
Anyway, one of my favorite Mets blogs is Amazin’ Avenue. I mention them because today they’ve released their Amazin’ Avenue Annual 2010, which features 350 pages of Mets commentary, analysis, prospect coverage, and all kinds of other goodness. Best part: it’s free in PDF form (if you want a hardbound version you can pay them a little dough).
I shill this for two reasons: (1) I got a chance to peak at it before it was released, and it’s really, really good; and (2) internet baseball writers are doing the best work of anyone out there these days, and we should support the hell out of them.
Even the Mets ones.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 0
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 7
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 31
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)