Mar 5, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
One of the things that takes all the fun out of hating the Mets is that just about every Mets blogger I’ve had the pleasure to know is a great guy who does great work. I mean sure, on the one hand it’s nice that these guys are so good that I am able to make my hate much better informed than it otherwise would be, but on the other hand it’s kind of sad to know that when the Mets make their inevitable missteps, someone I know and respect is unhappy.
Anyway, one of my favorite Mets blogs is Amazin’ Avenue. I mention them because today they’ve released their Amazin’ Avenue Annual 2010, which features 350 pages of Mets commentary, analysis, prospect coverage, and all kinds of other goodness. Best part: it’s free in PDF form (if you want a hardbound version you can pay them a little dough).
I shill this for two reasons: (1) I got a chance to peak at it before it was released, and it’s really, really good; and (2) internet baseball writers are doing the best work of anyone out there these days, and we should support the hell out of them.
Even the Mets ones.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)