Mar 5, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
One of the things that takes all the fun out of hating the Mets is that just about every Mets blogger I’ve had the pleasure to know is a great guy who does great work. I mean sure, on the one hand it’s nice that these guys are so good that I am able to make my hate much better informed than it otherwise would be, but on the other hand it’s kind of sad to know that when the Mets make their inevitable missteps, someone I know and respect is unhappy.
Anyway, one of my favorite Mets blogs is Amazin’ Avenue. I mention them because today they’ve released their Amazin’ Avenue Annual 2010, which features 350 pages of Mets commentary, analysis, prospect coverage, and all kinds of other goodness. Best part: it’s free in PDF form (if you want a hardbound version you can pay them a little dough).
I shill this for two reasons: (1) I got a chance to peak at it before it was released, and it’s really, really good; and (2) internet baseball writers are doing the best work of anyone out there these days, and we should support the hell out of them.
Even the Mets ones.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)