Mar 5, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
One of the things that takes all the fun out of hating the Mets is that just about every Mets blogger I’ve had the pleasure to know is a great guy who does great work. I mean sure, on the one hand it’s nice that these guys are so good that I am able to make my hate much better informed than it otherwise would be, but on the other hand it’s kind of sad to know that when the Mets make their inevitable missteps, someone I know and respect is unhappy.
Anyway, one of my favorite Mets blogs is Amazin’ Avenue. I mention them because today they’ve released their Amazin’ Avenue Annual 2010, which features 350 pages of Mets commentary, analysis, prospect coverage, and all kinds of other goodness. Best part: it’s free in PDF form (if you want a hardbound version you can pay them a little dough).
I shill this for two reasons: (1) I got a chance to peak at it before it was released, and it’s really, really good; and (2) internet baseball writers are doing the best work of anyone out there these days, and we should support the hell out of them.
Even the Mets ones.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 13
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 24
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)