Mar 5, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Jose Reyes was removed from yesterday’s lineup when his physical exam “raised a small concern with doctors.” He skipped the game, went in for some additional blood work, and was cleared to return a few hours later.
However, he was again scratched from today’s lineup and is now reportedly headed back to New York to have his imbalanced thyroid levels checked. That would explain all the talk of “blood work” from yesterday and it sounds like he won’t be back in Mets camp until the middle of next week at the earliest, because the actual test is slated for Monday.
Unfortunately so far 2010 looks an awful lot like 2009 for the Mets, although it’s good to see their medical staff being proactive for once. I’m not a doctor and don’t even play one on the internet, but here’s a seemingly informative article about thyroid imbalances. We’ll have further updates once more details are available.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)