Mar 5, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Jose Reyes was removed from yesterday’s lineup when his physical exam “raised a small concern with doctors.” He skipped the game, went in for some additional blood work, and was cleared to return a few hours later.
However, he was again scratched from today’s lineup and is now reportedly headed back to New York to have his imbalanced thyroid levels checked. That would explain all the talk of “blood work” from yesterday and it sounds like he won’t be back in Mets camp until the middle of next week at the earliest, because the actual test is slated for Monday.
Unfortunately so far 2010 looks an awful lot like 2009 for the Mets, although it’s good to see their medical staff being proactive for once. I’m not a doctor and don’t even play one on the internet, but here’s a seemingly informative article about thyroid imbalances. We’ll have further updates once more details are available.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)