Mar 5, 2010, 11:40 AM EST
Jose Reyes was removed from yesterday’s lineup when his physical exam “raised a small concern with doctors.” He skipped the game, went in for some additional blood work, and was cleared to return a few hours later.
However, he was again scratched from today’s lineup and is now reportedly headed back to New York to have his imbalanced thyroid levels checked. That would explain all the talk of “blood work” from yesterday and it sounds like he won’t be back in Mets camp until the middle of next week at the earliest, because the actual test is slated for Monday.
Unfortunately so far 2010 looks an awful lot like 2009 for the Mets, although it’s good to see their medical staff being proactive for once. I’m not a doctor and don’t even play one on the internet, but here’s a seemingly informative article about thyroid imbalances. We’ll have further updates once more details are available.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)