Mar 5, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Jose Reyes was removed from yesterday’s lineup when his physical exam “raised a small concern with doctors.” He skipped the game, went in for some additional blood work, and was cleared to return a few hours later.
However, he was again scratched from today’s lineup and is now reportedly headed back to New York to have his imbalanced thyroid levels checked. That would explain all the talk of “blood work” from yesterday and it sounds like he won’t be back in Mets camp until the middle of next week at the earliest, because the actual test is slated for Monday.
Unfortunately so far 2010 looks an awful lot like 2009 for the Mets, although it’s good to see their medical staff being proactive for once. I’m not a doctor and don’t even play one on the internet, but here’s a seemingly informative article about thyroid imbalances. We’ll have further updates once more details are available.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)