Mar 5, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
Today’s practice was a costly one for the Indians, who lost both reliever Jason Grilli and outfield prospect Jordan Brown to leg injuries during the same workout.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that “Grilli’s leg was immobilized as he was taken off the field” after suffering the injury during an agility drill. He went for an MRI exam, with the results expected Sunday. He’s in camp on a minor-league deal, hoping to win a middle-relief job at age 33.
Brown suffered his knee injury while chasing down fly balls in the outfield and was taken off the field on a cart after talking to the Indians’ trainer for several minutes in the dugout. He’s competing for a bench gig after winning the International League batting title last season, but the 26-year-old former fourth-round pick was probably headed back to Triple-A regardless of the injury.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)