Mar 5, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
Today’s practice was a costly one for the Indians, who lost both reliever Jason Grilli and outfield prospect Jordan Brown to leg injuries during the same workout.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that “Grilli’s leg was immobilized as he was taken off the field” after suffering the injury during an agility drill. He went for an MRI exam, with the results expected Sunday. He’s in camp on a minor-league deal, hoping to win a middle-relief job at age 33.
Brown suffered his knee injury while chasing down fly balls in the outfield and was taken off the field on a cart after talking to the Indians’ trainer for several minutes in the dugout. He’s competing for a bench gig after winning the International League batting title last season, but the 26-year-old former fourth-round pick was probably headed back to Triple-A regardless of the injury.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)