Mar 5, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
— Jon Heyman tweeting after Bengie Molina hit a home run in the second game of spring training. Heyman is seemingly overlooking the fact that Molina is a career .276/.308/.418 hitter — coming off a worse year than that — and is on record as of this morning saying that he told the Mets that it was a two-year deal or nothing.
Heyman is a reporter. For all of the barbs I’ve thrown in his direction, I’ll freely admit that he does a good job when he sticks to reporting. He is not an analyst, however, as this bit of wisdom and many many other examples illustrate.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)