Mar 5, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Huston Street has been unavailable for game action since his shoulder began hurting after throwing batting practice last week, but the Rockies’ closer was able to play catch from 120 feet today and even threw 15 pitches off flat ground.
“We just want to make sure we get a couple good days under our belt,” Street told Jack Etkin of Inside The Rockies. “I’ve been encouraged the whole time. I’ve never really been worried about it.”
Officially diagnosed with right shoulder inflammation, Street should be able to make his spring training debut at some point next week if he can avoid a setback.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 57
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)