Mar 5, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
The Yankees look good, but they can be beat this year. Easy? No. Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction and the shaft is ray-shielded, so you’ll have to use proton torpedoes, but FOX’s Dayn Perry says it can be done:
So the Yankees are bound to repeat, right?
they’re not. Sure, the Yankees must be regarded as the favorites, but
the multitude of Yankee haters out there will be pleased to know
there’s hope for a toppled empire. Indeed, here are four reasons that a
Yankee championship in 2010 is not to be assumed . . .
Short version: luck, age, a tough division and the notion that they may not have been as good last year as their record suggested all work against them, however, slightly in 2010.
Impossible you say? It’s not impossible. I used to bull’s-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home, so certainly the Rays can beat the Yankees, right?
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 10
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)