"Yankees suck, Daddy." "Yankees suck, honey."

Mar 5, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT

Found these courtesy of a tweet from the Star-Ledger’s Marc Carig.  Not sure if the right reaction is to lament how provincial Red Sox Nation can be at its worst or to laugh my ass off or l so I think I’ll do both.

1. tafka(sic) - Mar 5, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Uh.
    Yikes.

2. Old Gator - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I love it.
    Anyone I know out there see a reprise opportunity for Drew Barrymore? And don’t forget Jimmy’s roll of Borg toilet paper.

3. Spice - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:16 AM

How sad for the Red Sox fans. They can only find satisfaction and fulfillment by hurling invective at the clearly superior franchise.
    They find no real joy in the accomplishments of their team as the fans of other teams do. They can only find pleasure if “the enemy” is bad. Being “the enemy” is so rarely bad, they have no real joy, only the opportunity to hurl insults that are false on the facts.
    Sad, very, very sad

4. Ryan - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Whats that sound? The sound of the 29 other teams’ fans saying in unison, “rad.”

5. Old Gator - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I for one commend their forebearance. If I’d written that commercial, the cop would have shot that driver with a beanbag gun.

6. hop - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Can’t beat them might as well hate them but the fact that the best baston fans can come up with is the word “suck” shows you the IQ level of that fan base. Not much

7. Wahoowa - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:30 AM

That is really pathetic….get a life Boston ….

8. KR - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Sounds like a few commenters here need their Closed Captioning for the Humor Impaired adjusted…

9. n.y.man - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:39 AM

how very sad for Red Turd Nation

10. Ryan - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Comment of the day right here folks. Be sure to tip your waitress.

11. bobmac - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

12. smsetnor - Mar 5, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Hahahaha. Come on, Yankees fans. You guys might be the biggest sore winners ever. If the Cardinals fans ever made something like this about the Cubs, I’d laugh my ass off. Then I’d be upset because it meant I liked something that the Cards did.

13. David C - Mar 5, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Well somebody’s got to do it

14. peteinfla - Mar 5, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Ok, I am as big a Yankees fan as there is, but come on, these commercials are f***ing funny. We already know that Red Sox nation hates everything about the Yankees, so why the “outrage”? Really, you have to keep some sort of sense of humor, and these commercials (and Old Gator’s comment about the bean bag gun), are funny, no matter who you root for.

15. Dan in Katonah - Mar 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM

LMAO! Yankee fans, have a sense of humor.

16. YANKEES1996 - Mar 5, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Be careful Old Gator your jealousy is showing!

17. Spice - Mar 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I am not outraged. I simply pity a fan base that can’t come up with anything better

18. Old Gator - Mar 5, 2010 at 11:55 AM

A Feesh fan is jealous of any budget above $40 million, you know? The Borg and the Beanbags merely head the list. The one good thing is, we never run out of teams of which to be jealous.
    We just go to the World Series by accident every few years and beat them.

19. Joe - Mar 5, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Oh, these commercials aren’t making fun Red Sox Nation?
    I’m a BoSox fan, and I think these are hysterical – especially the first one – because it looks like it’s mocking the whole of RSN.

20. james - Mar 5, 2010 at 12:41 PM

OMG, these are hilarious. They’re satire at its best. These could be Saturday Night Live skits. I’m a huge Yankee fan and totally jealous of the creativity that went into them.

21. scatterbrian - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Um, why are people getting chippy with Red Sox fans? Fans don’t write the commercials or run the Red Sox marketing department.

22. scatterbrian - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Um, why are people getting chippy with Red Sox fan? Fans don’t write the commercials.

23. scatterbrian - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Um, why are people getting chippy with Red Sox fans? They don’t write the commercials or work in the marketing dept.

24. GimmeSomeSteel - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:30 PM

After all the years of grim hatred of the Yankees, and finally having experienced the joy of winning it all, Red Sox fans can finally laugh at themselves. Leave it to Yankee fans to not get the self-parody involved.

25. edd - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Real sad news. This reminds me of the White Sox fans before 2005. Since then the Cubs have become the sad sack…

Managers get easier path to Cooperstown
  1. H. Street (3481)