"Yankees suck, Daddy." "Yankees suck, honey."

Mar 5, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT

Found these courtesy of a tweet from the Star-Ledger’s Marc Carig.  Not sure if the right reaction is to lament how provincial Red Sox Nation can be at its worst or to laugh my ass off or l so I think I’ll do both.

1. Adam - Mar 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Count me among the die-hard Yankee fans who find these hilarious. It’s baseball, folks. It’s supposed to be fun.

2. Gelardia - Mar 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Spend more time on your roster and less time on propaganda commercials and you might just catch up to 27… NAAAH.
    But yeah, the commercials are amusing.

3. Chris Myles - Mar 5, 2010 at 2:24 PM

As a fan of neither team…. these first and foremost should please the NYY fans simply because it perfectly exhudes the extreme jealousy of the Sox fans toward the Yankees. After all, since the rivalry began in 1917… the score is 27-2. THAT is a rivalry??

4. Joe - Mar 5, 2010 at 2:43 PM

aHEM! That would be 27-3, my friend! Do you not remember the champion of 1918?
    But why go back a completely arbitrary 92 years? Why not make it a nice round 100 years (27-6) if you don’t want to bother with all time?

5. Bobs - Mar 5, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Amusing stuff, and the rivalry is great for MLB. Although it’s a little sad that the Sox have such an inferiority complex. Can’t think of another team that is so envious of its rival. And let’s face it, it is envy, because if the Yanks really did suck the Sox wouldn’t be so obsessed with them.

6. Lee Nordling - Mar 5, 2010 at 3:10 PM

These two commercials cracked me up!
    I’m a huge Yankees fan (Yeah, “Boo” & “Hiss” from the others here, I know), and I have SO much fun with Red Sox fan friends, except…um…when the Red Sox get lucky two times in one century.
    So, bring it on: another year of cheering, jeering, and self-effacing humor.

7. Tim - Mar 5, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Pink Sox fans at it again. Get a life. There is no rivalry since the score is 27-2 since the Babe, which is the same record we have with the Mets, which is our first rival. Boston is a 3rd rate city. They can only support one team from each major sport. Stop your whinning Pink Sox fans you’re starting to sound like your favorite son Bernie Franks.

8. Big Harold - Mar 5, 2010 at 3:22 PM

As a Yankees fan I’ve several observations;
    1. These are pretty funny.
    2. Yes, it does say something about the Nation’s inferiority complex. But, it also says that it’s not as bad as it once was or they could never have done these videos
    3. When was the last time the Red Sox were responsible for an “Orioles Suck” video? They have because the O’s do, .. lately.
    4. And, it is “The Reigning World Series Champion Yankees Suck” to you Sir.

9. Richie - Mar 5, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I’ma huge Yankee fan and I loved these commercials. You only can make such a commercial if you are making them about a legendary team. It’s as big a compliment to the Yankees as there is.

10. YANKEES1996 - Mar 5, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Touche’!

11. 7MVP56 - Mar 5, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I’m a diehard Yankee fan and I think this is funny so relax guys. We get the last laugh it’s called October it’s been good for at least 27 laughs.

12. Steve - Mar 5, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I want the truth!!!!!
    You can’t handle the truth!!!
    Yankees SUCK!!!
    You said ‘Yankees suck?!
    Your G*d damn right I did!!!
    The two words that make me smile the most!

13. RedSoxFan - Mar 5, 2010 at 5:50 PM

How can the Boston Police department allow the Red Sox to mock them and show them abusing their office acting in an inappropriate manner ? They have disgraced the entire Police Department, as well as every Red Sox fan in their “Nation”.

14. Twins Fan - Mar 5, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I hate both the Yankees and the Red Sox, but these commercials are brilliant.

15. yankees27 - Mar 6, 2010 at 2:17 AM

Well statistics show 45% of Red Sox fans are uneducated low lifes who are borderline retards. These commercials prove it.
    The lord has alot of toilet duty for Red Sox fans in the afterlife.

16. zoar road - Mar 6, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Yankees do suck…but their fans suck worse.

17. sneezy365 - Mar 6, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Geez,
    They are just freakin’ commercials, focusing on two bloated teams. We now return you to reality. But they are funny.

18. Sneezy365 - Mar 6, 2010 at 8:06 AM

The name of the world series trophy? The George Steinbrenner has BIG BUCKS award?

19. Old Gator - Mar 6, 2010 at 10:04 AM

You posted at 8:02 AM. It’s now 10:02 AM. I’m still not back to reality. Thanks for trying, though.

20. 117p - Mar 7, 2010 at 7:45 AM

How childish …

21. John - Mar 7, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Gah… can I say, even as a Red Sox fan, that I’m sick to death of all this hatred? I think these commercials are pretty damn funny. And not insulting to the Yankees at all… it’s just a reminder that spring is here, and baseball, and thus hating the Yankees again is right around the corner. The commercials are just fun…no need to completely over think them and get all defensive, and start making disparaging remarks about Boston fans…since when do Boston fans make these commercials? And since when is it a secret that Boston fans hate the Yankees? Forchristssake.

22. Jimmy - Mar 8, 2010 at 1:18 PM

There is no red sox nation, that is so gay. When you clowns couldnt win championships nobody was talking about a stupid nation.

23. jose angel - Mar 9, 2010 at 9:21 AM

It’s going to take 200 yr’s for boston, to get some kind of close to the yankees. Get over it boston fans, deep down inside you all are yankee fans. Yankee blue always and forever.

24. tommygun - Mar 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM

red sox fans have zero class.
    the true color of a red sox fan is shown in their ability to teach their children to hate.
    27 – NYYankees World Series Championships vs red sox – 2.
    Topic closed.

25. topcatNYNY - Mar 11, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Does anyone have the link to see these commercials? I can’t see them on this page?

Angels' 2011 overhaul finally paying off?
  1. G. Stanton (4007)