Mar 6, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
Emmanuel Burris was given a bit of bad news Saturday evening. According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants utilityman was diagnosed with a re-fracture of a bone in his left foot and will be in a walking boot for the next four weeks.
It’s safe to say that Burris won’t be included on the Giants’ Opening Day 25-man roster, and he may have to work his way through the minors once he’s healthy.
The 25-year-old appeared at second base, shortstop and in the outfield last season for the Giants, and is a .262/.328/.301 hitter over 442 major league at-bats. He suffered the same injury last summer and even underwent season-ending surgery to address the issue. Tough break.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)