Mar 6, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
Emmanuel Burris was given a bit of bad news Saturday evening. According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants utilityman was diagnosed with a re-fracture of a bone in his left foot and will be in a walking boot for the next four weeks.
It’s safe to say that Burris won’t be included on the Giants’ Opening Day 25-man roster, and he may have to work his way through the minors once he’s healthy.
The 25-year-old appeared at second base, shortstop and in the outfield last season for the Giants, and is a .262/.328/.301 hitter over 442 major league at-bats. He suffered the same injury last summer and even underwent season-ending surgery to address the issue. Tough break.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 44
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 60
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)