Mar 6, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
Emmanuel Burris was given a bit of bad news Saturday evening. According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants utilityman was diagnosed with a re-fracture of a bone in his left foot and will be in a walking boot for the next four weeks.
It’s safe to say that Burris won’t be included on the Giants’ Opening Day 25-man roster, and he may have to work his way through the minors once he’s healthy.
The 25-year-old appeared at second base, shortstop and in the outfield last season for the Giants, and is a .262/.328/.301 hitter over 442 major league at-bats. He suffered the same injury last summer and even underwent season-ending surgery to address the issue. Tough break.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)