Mar 6, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
Emmanuel Burris was given a bit of bad news Saturday evening. According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants utilityman was diagnosed with a re-fracture of a bone in his left foot and will be in a walking boot for the next four weeks.
It’s safe to say that Burris won’t be included on the Giants’ Opening Day 25-man roster, and he may have to work his way through the minors once he’s healthy.
The 25-year-old appeared at second base, shortstop and in the outfield last season for the Giants, and is a .262/.328/.301 hitter over 442 major league at-bats. He suffered the same injury last summer and even underwent season-ending surgery to address the issue. Tough break.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)