Mar 6, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
That’s what Jesus Flores told Mark Zuckerman of Nats Insider when asked if he’d be ready to appear in a game before the end of the spring.
Flores is currently rehabbing from offseason shoulder surgery and has only progressed to playing catch from 120 feet. As the Grapefruit League schedule begins, he’s understandably deflated:
“It’s really frustrating,” he said. “I wish I could play. But I have to
make sure I’m 100 percent first. I don’t want to play half the season
and then get injured again.”
Flores, 24, got off to a tremendous start last season, .311/.382/.522 with four home runs and 15 RBI over his first 90 at-bats, but suffered a stress fracture in his right shoulder in May. He tried to give it a go in September, but only had three at-bats before undergoing season-ending surgery on his labrum and elbow.
With Flores sidelined indefinitely, now we’ll get to find out if the Ivan Rodriguez signing was the head-scratcher everyone thought it was this winter. Sounds like it might be a while.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)