Mar 6, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
Here’s Phillies manager Charlie Manuel (yes, that slim fella on the right) on the status of Shane Victorino, who has been sidelined in the early part of the Grapefruit League schedule due to some shoulder tightness:
“He’s all right,” Manuel said this morning. “I didn’t even ask him
today. He’s going to be well when we put him back out there. He’s coming
along good. … He’s got soreness. He developed that this winter. He
might have slept on his shoulder all winter. He might have stretched it
or pulled it or sprained it or whatever, messing with the cat or the dog
or something. I don’t know.”
“Somewhere along the line you will see him, dude,” Manuel said.
This quote is great on its own, it really is, but I feel robbed by not getting the opportunity to actually hear Manuel say it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)