Mar 7, 2010, 11:22 AM EST
According to the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton, Royals third baseman Alex Gordon has been diagnosed with a broken thumb and will be sidelined for the next three-to-four weeks. It’s not clear how or when the injury happened, but it’s safe to say he won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
Gordon, 26, posted a disappointing .232/.324/.378 batting line last season with six homers and 22 RBI in 164 at-bats. He spent a ton of time on the disabled list with a hip injury.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 3
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)