Mar 7, 2010, 11:22 AM EDT
According to the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton, Royals third baseman Alex Gordon has been diagnosed with a broken thumb and will be sidelined for the next three-to-four weeks. It’s not clear how or when the injury happened, but it’s safe to say he won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
Gordon, 26, posted a disappointing .232/.324/.378 batting line last season with six homers and 22 RBI in 164 at-bats. He spent a ton of time on the disabled list with a hip injury.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)