Mar 7, 2010, 11:22 AM EDT
According to the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton, Royals third baseman Alex Gordon has been diagnosed with a broken thumb and will be sidelined for the next three-to-four weeks. It’s not clear how or when the injury happened, but it’s safe to say he won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
Gordon, 26, posted a disappointing .232/.324/.378 batting line last season with six homers and 22 RBI in 164 at-bats. He spent a ton of time on the disabled list with a hip injury.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 0
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 19
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 22
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)