Mar 7, 2010, 11:22 AM EDT
According to the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton, Royals third baseman Alex Gordon has been diagnosed with a broken thumb and will be sidelined for the next three-to-four weeks. It’s not clear how or when the injury happened, but it’s safe to say he won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
Gordon, 26, posted a disappointing .232/.324/.378 batting line last season with six homers and 22 RBI in 164 at-bats. He spent a ton of time on the disabled list with a hip injury.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 45
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)