Mar 7, 2010, 11:22 AM EDT
According to the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton, Royals third baseman Alex Gordon has been diagnosed with a broken thumb and will be sidelined for the next three-to-four weeks. It’s not clear how or when the injury happened, but it’s safe to say he won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
Gordon, 26, posted a disappointing .232/.324/.378 batting line last season with six homers and 22 RBI in 164 at-bats. He spent a ton of time on the disabled list with a hip injury.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (328)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)