Mar 7, 2010, 1:23 PM EST
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Angels outfielder Torii Hunter has aggravated his surgically-repaired groin. For now, it sounds minor.
“It’s nothing serious, but when he slid into second base, he felt a
little tightness in his groin,” manager Mike Scioscia said Sunday. “It’s in the
same area of the surgery, but I don’t know if it’s related. It could
just be some scar tissue” breaking up.
Hunter, 34, finished with an impressive .299/.366/.508 batting line and 22 home runs in 506 plate appearances last season. The Angels are hoping he will be fine for Opening Day and will be able to remain healthy throughout 2010. So far, he’s off to a rough start. We’re sure to hear more on this before spring training is complete and teams head north.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (239)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)