Mar 7, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Angels outfielder Torii Hunter has aggravated his surgically-repaired groin. For now, it sounds minor.
“It’s nothing serious, but when he slid into second base, he felt a
little tightness in his groin,” manager Mike Scioscia said Sunday. “It’s in the
same area of the surgery, but I don’t know if it’s related. It could
just be some scar tissue” breaking up.
Hunter, 34, finished with an impressive .299/.366/.508 batting line and 22 home runs in 506 plate appearances last season. The Angels are hoping he will be fine for Opening Day and will be able to remain healthy throughout 2010. So far, he’s off to a rough start. We’re sure to hear more on this before spring training is complete and teams head north.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)