Mar 7, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Angels outfielder Torii Hunter has aggravated his surgically-repaired groin. For now, it sounds minor.
“It’s nothing serious, but when he slid into second base, he felt a
little tightness in his groin,” manager Mike Scioscia said Sunday. “It’s in the
same area of the surgery, but I don’t know if it’s related. It could
just be some scar tissue” breaking up.
Hunter, 34, finished with an impressive .299/.366/.508 batting line and 22 home runs in 506 plate appearances last season. The Angels are hoping he will be fine for Opening Day and will be able to remain healthy throughout 2010. So far, he’s off to a rough start. We’re sure to hear more on this before spring training is complete and teams head north.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (84)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)