Mar 7, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
UPDATE: Maybin told MLB.com after the game that he believes the injury is minor:
“My legs have felt great all spring,” Maybin said. “I was working out my
lower body [in the offseason]. I felt fast all spring. Hopefully, it’s
just a day-to-day thing. I don’t think it was bad. I think I pulled up
in time when I hit the bag.”
3:32pm: MLB.com beat writer Joe Frisaro reports that Marlins outfielder Cameron Maybin left Sunday’s spring game against the Cardinals with a left groin strain.
Maybin pulled up lame while nearing home plate on a Donnie Murphy two-run double and headed straight for the clubhouse. Players are told to treat any hint of discomfort with extra caution during spring training, so it’s possible everything is fine. He’s likely to undergo tests this evening.
The 22-year-old is slated to start in center field for the Fish this season. He hit .250/.318/.409 last year with four homers, 13 RBI and one stolen base in 176 major league at-bats.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 25
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (375)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)