Mar 7, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
According to MLB.com’s Kelly Thesier (via Twitter), the Twins have signed right-hander Nick Blackburn to a four-year, $14 million contract extension with an $8 million club option for 2014.
Blackburn, 28, compiled an 11-11 record, 99 strikeouts, 4.03 ERA and 1.37 WHIP over 33 starts last season. He has a 4.14 career ERA over 410 1/3 career innings. The extension essentially buys out the righty’s remaining arbitration years at a bargain rate while also providing the Twins an attractive option for his first year of free agency. It seems like a quality deal for both sides.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)