Mar 7, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Aw, crap. Alex Speier of Boston-based WEEI.com passes along word that Red Sox first baseman Kevin Youkilis is throwing together a charity-backed vote to decide the style of his Opening Day facial hair. The choices are: goatee, mustache, fu manchu or clean shaven.
The $1 to vote benefits underprivileged children in the Boston area, which seems like a great and worthy cause, but it’s times like these when we here at HBT most crave the start of the regular season. We want to write about dingers, man, not mustaches.
Anyway, if you want to take part and help a great charity, head on over to Youkilis’ Hits For Kids website for more information. The Red Sox open their season April 4 against the Yankees.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)