You can vote on Kevin Youkilis' Opening Day facial hair … seriously

Mar 7, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT

Youkilis headshot.jpgAw, crap.  Alex Speier of Boston-based WEEI.com passes along word that Red Sox first baseman Kevin Youkilis is throwing together a charity-backed vote to decide the style of his Opening Day facial hair.  The choices are: goatee, mustache, fu manchu or clean shaven.

The $1 to vote benefits underprivileged children in the Boston area, which seems like a great and worthy cause, but it’s times like these when we here at HBT most crave the start of the regular season.  We want to write about dingers, man, not mustaches.

Anyway, if you want to take part and help a great charity, head on over to Youkilis’ Hits For Kids website for more information.  The Red Sox open their season April 4 against the Yankees.

1. Nasty Boy - Mar 7, 2010 at 11:38 AM

They (red sucks) need to worry about getting their asses kicked by the Yankees, not facial hair.If they want to donate money to charity, it ought to be to the Boston fans mental health foundation, that’s who really needs help.

2. DantesWitness - Mar 7, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Boy, the first time we get a celebrity to post here, and it’s Rob Dibble displaying a total lack of class.

3. BADHOPS - Mar 7, 2010 at 12:25 PM

NO ITS NOT ONLY A LACK OF CLASS !ITS THE BIG MOUTHS TEAM WON SO NOW THE GARBAGE STARTS U JERSEY SHORE TRASH.

4. Old Gator - Mar 7, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Is there a category for him wearing a bag over his head?

5. JudyJ - Mar 7, 2010 at 2:16 PM

so, Youkelass wants to sell his facial hair for charity. WOW! Talk about being full of yourself. Yup, I am a Yankee fan. I don’t see any point to anything in this story at all. Just Youkelass trying to be Johnny Damon and some other posters being silly before the season starts. Last year’s record was 8 and 8. Let’s at least wait until the season starts, you know, the season whereby the Yankees are WORLD CHAMPIONS for the entire season. lol.

6. dp - Mar 7, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Nasty Boy sounds like he doesn’t like the Red Sox, which is his choice, but I was wondering if you got into or out of high school. You should of learned to use lower case instead of all capital letters. You might be a Red Sox fan, which would explain things.

7. Nasty Boy - Mar 7, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Yes , it would be called “most improved appearance “

8. Old Gator - Mar 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Precisely what I had in mind. Great minds run in the same gutter…or something like that…

9. Nasty Boy - Mar 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I had second thoughts about responding to you, but as dp tried to inform you , your writing skills need alot of work. Look up the word ignorant in Websters latest dictionary, and I’m sure your picture will be next to it.

10. RedSoxFanForever1999 - Mar 7, 2010 at 4:12 PM

You suck nasty boy the skankees arent gonna repeat so just shut up and start crying to your fans in new york

11. Nasty Boy - Mar 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Another idiot that needs to learn writing skills. It seems to go along with being a Red Sucks fan. It appears people in Boston need some educating.

12. Angels Forever - Mar 7, 2010 at 4:51 PM

I don’t want to take sides here, but being a devout Angel fan, by far the nastiest fans that come to Anaheim Stadium are Red Sox fans. They make Yankee fans look like Saints. They are rude , loud , and in general, are asses. There will always be a fight when they are in town, and a Sox fan usually gets his ass kicked. Again, I’m not taking sides, but I say the Yankee fans are the lesser of the evils. Maybe Johnny Damon wasn’t kidding about that team being idiot’s. I’m just sayen !

13. doug culp - Mar 7, 2010 at 11:00 PM

dibble, just go away,,,you are way past your time,,please just go away

14. Nasty Boy - Mar 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I swear I’m surrounded by assholes,another red sucks supporter , as in jockstrap.

15. abunchofpunks - Mar 28, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I don’t understand why “Nasty Boy” and that’s exactly what he is, a BOY, (yeah I’m using caps to exemplify my reasoning here.) is posting on a Red Sox news feed. Obviously the Yankees are so boring that he has to look at the Boston teams updates just so he has something to talk about. As with all of you Yankees fans posting on here, if you had a life worth living you would hang out online with other Yankee’s fans. Since the Yankees like to keep all their money for themselves and then buy championships it’s no surprise they never do charity drives to support their city. They leave it to the Mets who are a more respectable team than they are. BTW if you don’t know what exemplify means nasty boy you should open a dictionary sometime yourself.

Three legends off to Cooperstown