Mar 8, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
Jeremy Renner was seemingly the only person involved with The Hurt Locker not to take home an Oscar last night, but as seemingly everyone in my Twitter feed pointed out at least he still looks like a dead ringer for Jake Peavy (or perhaps at this point Peavy looks like a dead ringer for him):
In other movie/baseball news, ESPN.com’s Rob Neyer reveals via Michael Lewis (I think, unless he was joking around) that Jonah Hill is set to play former A’s assistant general manager Paul DePodesta if the Moneyball movie ever gets made.
DePodesta is a skinny former football player and Harvard graduate. Hill almost exclusively plays overweight slackers. I suppose it doesn’t matter a whole lot, since 99 percent of the movie-going audience won’t know what DePodesta actually looks like, but it’ll probably bug all the dorks like me.
The good news is that the mismatch between DePodesta and Hill means that my dream of having George Clooney play me in The Aaron Gleeman Story is still alive. It’ll have to be some of his best work yet, because the script is mostly just about a guy who sits in his underpants and blogs about baseball all day. Renner is already signed on to play Peavy, with an intense scene where I point out his extreme home/road splits.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 11
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)