Mar 8, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
Jeremy Renner was seemingly the only person involved with The Hurt Locker not to take home an Oscar last night, but as seemingly everyone in my Twitter feed pointed out at least he still looks like a dead ringer for Jake Peavy (or perhaps at this point Peavy looks like a dead ringer for him):
In other movie/baseball news, ESPN.com’s Rob Neyer reveals via Michael Lewis (I think, unless he was joking around) that Jonah Hill is set to play former A’s assistant general manager Paul DePodesta if the Moneyball movie ever gets made.
DePodesta is a skinny former football player and Harvard graduate. Hill almost exclusively plays overweight slackers. I suppose it doesn’t matter a whole lot, since 99 percent of the movie-going audience won’t know what DePodesta actually looks like, but it’ll probably bug all the dorks like me.
The good news is that the mismatch between DePodesta and Hill means that my dream of having George Clooney play me in The Aaron Gleeman Story is still alive. It’ll have to be some of his best work yet, because the script is mostly just about a guy who sits in his underpants and blogs about baseball all day. Renner is already signed on to play Peavy, with an intense scene where I point out his extreme home/road splits.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 60
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 23
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 53
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (132)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)