Mar 8, 2010, 12:42 PM EST
Jeremy Renner was seemingly the only person involved with The Hurt Locker not to take home an Oscar last night, but as seemingly everyone in my Twitter feed pointed out at least he still looks like a dead ringer for Jake Peavy (or perhaps at this point Peavy looks like a dead ringer for him):
In other movie/baseball news, ESPN.com’s Rob Neyer reveals via Michael Lewis (I think, unless he was joking around) that Jonah Hill is set to play former A’s assistant general manager Paul DePodesta if the Moneyball movie ever gets made.
DePodesta is a skinny former football player and Harvard graduate. Hill almost exclusively plays overweight slackers. I suppose it doesn’t matter a whole lot, since 99 percent of the movie-going audience won’t know what DePodesta actually looks like, but it’ll probably bug all the dorks like me.
The good news is that the mismatch between DePodesta and Hill means that my dream of having George Clooney play me in The Aaron Gleeman Story is still alive. It’ll have to be some of his best work yet, because the script is mostly just about a guy who sits in his underpants and blogs about baseball all day. Renner is already signed on to play Peavy, with an intense scene where I point out his extreme home/road splits.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)