Mar 8, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
Jeremy Renner was seemingly the only person involved with The Hurt Locker not to take home an Oscar last night, but as seemingly everyone in my Twitter feed pointed out at least he still looks like a dead ringer for Jake Peavy (or perhaps at this point Peavy looks like a dead ringer for him):
In other movie/baseball news, ESPN.com’s Rob Neyer reveals via Michael Lewis (I think, unless he was joking around) that Jonah Hill is set to play former A’s assistant general manager Paul DePodesta if the Moneyball movie ever gets made.
DePodesta is a skinny former football player and Harvard graduate. Hill almost exclusively plays overweight slackers. I suppose it doesn’t matter a whole lot, since 99 percent of the movie-going audience won’t know what DePodesta actually looks like, but it’ll probably bug all the dorks like me.
The good news is that the mismatch between DePodesta and Hill means that my dream of having George Clooney play me in The Aaron Gleeman Story is still alive. It’ll have to be some of his best work yet, because the script is mostly just about a guy who sits in his underpants and blogs about baseball all day. Renner is already signed on to play Peavy, with an intense scene where I point out his extreme home/road splits.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)