Mar 8, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Albert Pujols has been scratched from today’s lineup after receiving chiropractic treatment on his sore lower back.
Pujols remained at the Cardinals’ spring training complex and told reporters that he feels good enough to potentially be back in the lineup as soon as tomorrow.
“It’s been bothering me some, so I got it looked at,” Pujols said. “It’s better now. It’s still early. I don’t want to push it if it’s going to set me back. But we’ll see. I want to play.”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)