Mar 8, 2010, 11:40 AM EST
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Albert Pujols has been scratched from today’s lineup after receiving chiropractic treatment on his sore lower back.
Pujols remained at the Cardinals’ spring training complex and told reporters that he feels good enough to potentially be back in the lineup as soon as tomorrow.
“It’s been bothering me some, so I got it looked at,” Pujols said. “It’s better now. It’s still early. I don’t want to push it if it’s going to set me back. But we’ll see. I want to play.”
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 26
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 11
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)