Mar 9, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Yesterday I wrote that most of the reporters covering the Mets “didn’t even bother” to go up to the press box to watch the game. I owe those guys an apology. I’m informed today — politely, by a writer who covered the Mets for several years, but who was not at the game Sunday — that most of the seasoned guys watch from the stands, near the scouts. This makes perfect sense, really, given that they’re (a) better seats; and (b) you can get a lot more good info from hanging around scouts than you can from sitting up in the box.
Anyway, apologies if my ignorance on this point made a bad and misleading impression. I stand by what I said later in the day: the beat guys have a hard job and do it well. Given that they weren’t up squinting from where I was, they probably do it better than I even imagined.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)