Mar 9, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
TMZ had it first and now the Kansas City Star has picked up on Jason Kendall’s appearance yesterday in a Los Angeles court, where the Royals catcher tried to get permission to bring his two children with him to Kansas City during the season.
His ex-wife Chantel Kendall tried to block the move while appearing in court alongside her boyfriend Sean Stewart, who happens to be Rod Stewart’s son. So yeah, no wonder TMZ is involved.
Anyway, the case has been “continued” until March 18, but court documents show that Kendall’s ex-wife has accused him of abusing the prescription medication Adderall, which he apparently takes for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). TMZ also reports that “there have been numerous accusations between Jason and Chantel of physical and emotional abuse.”
“I won’t dignify the ridiculous accusations that were made,” Kendall told Bob Dutton of the Star. “I’m not going to get into a debate in the papers and the media. It’s a personal family matter that I would like to keep private.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17