Mar 9, 2010, 2:48 PM EST
TMZ had it first and now the Kansas City Star has picked up on Jason Kendall’s appearance yesterday in a Los Angeles court, where the Royals catcher tried to get permission to bring his two children with him to Kansas City during the season.
His ex-wife Chantel Kendall tried to block the move while appearing in court alongside her boyfriend Sean Stewart, who happens to be Rod Stewart’s son. So yeah, no wonder TMZ is involved.
Anyway, the case has been “continued” until March 18, but court documents show that Kendall’s ex-wife has accused him of abusing the prescription medication Adderall, which he apparently takes for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). TMZ also reports that “there have been numerous accusations between Jason and Chantel of physical and emotional abuse.”
“I won’t dignify the ridiculous accusations that were made,” Kendall told Bob Dutton of the Star. “I’m not going to get into a debate in the papers and the media. It’s a personal family matter that I would like to keep private.”
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 8
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 59
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 69
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)