Mar 9, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
TMZ had it first and now the Kansas City Star has picked up on Jason Kendall’s appearance yesterday in a Los Angeles court, where the Royals catcher tried to get permission to bring his two children with him to Kansas City during the season.
His ex-wife Chantel Kendall tried to block the move while appearing in court alongside her boyfriend Sean Stewart, who happens to be Rod Stewart’s son. So yeah, no wonder TMZ is involved.
Anyway, the case has been “continued” until March 18, but court documents show that Kendall’s ex-wife has accused him of abusing the prescription medication Adderall, which he apparently takes for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). TMZ also reports that “there have been numerous accusations between Jason and Chantel of physical and emotional abuse.”
“I won’t dignify the ridiculous accusations that were made,” Kendall told Bob Dutton of the Star. “I’m not going to get into a debate in the papers and the media. It’s a personal family matter that I would like to keep private.”
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 0
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)