Mar 9, 2010, 10:29 AM EST
I was a little bummed because the Yankees have been the only team thus far to deny my press credentials for spring training. I didn’t take it personally — there are about 1,380 reporters who want to cover the Yankees, and at some point it’s a numbers game — but I wasn’t pleased either. Bright side: since the game I wanted to cover on Thursday is against the Braves I decided to go ahead and buy a ticket. Now I can both root, heckle and drink beer, so it’s going to be great.
Even greater than I thought, it turns out, given how awful it is to cover Yankees spring training games from the visiting press box.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 223
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (224)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)