Mar 9, 2010, 10:29 AM EDT
I was a little bummed because the Yankees have been the only team thus far to deny my press credentials for spring training. I didn’t take it personally — there are about 1,380 reporters who want to cover the Yankees, and at some point it’s a numbers game — but I wasn’t pleased either. Bright side: since the game I wanted to cover on Thursday is against the Braves I decided to go ahead and buy a ticket. Now I can both root, heckle and drink beer, so it’s going to be great.
Even greater than I thought, it turns out, given how awful it is to cover Yankees spring training games from the visiting press box.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)