Mar 9, 2010, 10:29 AM EST
I was a little bummed because the Yankees have been the only team thus far to deny my press credentials for spring training. I didn’t take it personally — there are about 1,380 reporters who want to cover the Yankees, and at some point it’s a numbers game — but I wasn’t pleased either. Bright side: since the game I wanted to cover on Thursday is against the Braves I decided to go ahead and buy a ticket. Now I can both root, heckle and drink beer, so it’s going to be great.
Even greater than I thought, it turns out, given how awful it is to cover Yankees spring training games from the visiting press box.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)