Mar 9, 2010, 10:29 AM EDT
I was a little bummed because the Yankees have been the only team thus far to deny my press credentials for spring training. I didn’t take it personally — there are about 1,380 reporters who want to cover the Yankees, and at some point it’s a numbers game — but I wasn’t pleased either. Bright side: since the game I wanted to cover on Thursday is against the Braves I decided to go ahead and buy a ticket. Now I can both root, heckle and drink beer, so it’s going to be great.
Even greater than I thought, it turns out, given how awful it is to cover Yankees spring training games from the visiting press box.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 0
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 45
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)