Mar 9, 2010, 9:36 AM EST
With the news that Nathan is staring Tommy John surgery in the face, what happens to the Twins?
Gardenhire suggested that they’d look in house. Maybe, but of course he was standing three feet from a dejected Joe Nathan when he said that, so it’s not like it was the right setting to say “we’re going to go out and trade for Kerry Wood” or something.
But there are options in-house, which my friend The Common Man — who may or may not own a time machine considering he wrote this yesterday — breaks down. Definitely worth a click.
I’ll let people more knowledgeable about the Twins than I am [cough!] Aaron Gleeman [cough!] opine if TCM pegs it or not. My gut reaction is to go closer-by-committee for a while and see who separates themselves from the pack. Of course you can’t call it closer by committee because that’s dumb cyber computer baseball, and you simply can’t do that.
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 0
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 24
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)