Mar 9, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
With the news that Nathan is staring Tommy John surgery in the face, what happens to the Twins?
Gardenhire suggested that they’d look in house. Maybe, but of course he was standing three feet from a dejected Joe Nathan when he said that, so it’s not like it was the right setting to say “we’re going to go out and trade for Kerry Wood” or something.
But there are options in-house, which my friend The Common Man — who may or may not own a time machine considering he wrote this yesterday — breaks down. Definitely worth a click.
I’ll let people more knowledgeable about the Twins than I am [cough!] Aaron Gleeman [cough!] opine if TCM pegs it or not. My gut reaction is to go closer-by-committee for a while and see who separates themselves from the pack. Of course you can’t call it closer by committee because that’s dumb cyber computer baseball, and you simply can’t do that.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 23
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 28
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on 15-day disabled list with right shoulder discomfort 1
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)