Mar 9, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
With the news that Nathan is staring Tommy John surgery in the face, what happens to the Twins?
Gardenhire suggested that they’d look in house. Maybe, but of course he was standing three feet from a dejected Joe Nathan when he said that, so it’s not like it was the right setting to say “we’re going to go out and trade for Kerry Wood” or something.
But there are options in-house, which my friend The Common Man — who may or may not own a time machine considering he wrote this yesterday — breaks down. Definitely worth a click.
I’ll let people more knowledgeable about the Twins than I am [cough!] Aaron Gleeman [cough!] opine if TCM pegs it or not. My gut reaction is to go closer-by-committee for a while and see who separates themselves from the pack. Of course you can’t call it closer by committee because that’s dumb cyber computer baseball, and you simply can’t do that.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)