Mar 9, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg just finished his spring training debut, tossing two scoreless innings against the Tigers.
The immortal Don Kelly produced the first hit against the No. 1 overall pick with a sharp single to left field and Strasburg also gave up a second single that hit the mound before skipping into center field.
He was extremely impressive overall, inducing a whole bunch of ground balls and getting a pair of strikeouts, including blowing a 98-MPH fastball by Miguel Cabrera.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)