Mar 9, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg just finished his spring training debut, tossing two scoreless innings against the Tigers.
The immortal Don Kelly produced the first hit against the No. 1 overall pick with a sharp single to left field and Strasburg also gave up a second single that hit the mound before skipping into center field.
He was extremely impressive overall, inducing a whole bunch of ground balls and getting a pair of strikeouts, including blowing a 98-MPH fastball by Miguel Cabrera.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)