Mar 9, 2010, 1:44 PM EST
Stephen Strasburg just finished his spring training debut, tossing two scoreless innings against the Tigers.
The immortal Don Kelly produced the first hit against the No. 1 overall pick with a sharp single to left field and Strasburg also gave up a second single that hit the mound before skipping into center field.
He was extremely impressive overall, inducing a whole bunch of ground balls and getting a pair of strikeouts, including blowing a 98-MPH fastball by Miguel Cabrera.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 103
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 9
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 28
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 34
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (117)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)