Mar 9, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg just finished his spring training debut, tossing two scoreless innings against the Tigers.
The immortal Don Kelly produced the first hit against the No. 1 overall pick with a sharp single to left field and Strasburg also gave up a second single that hit the mound before skipping into center field.
He was extremely impressive overall, inducing a whole bunch of ground balls and getting a pair of strikeouts, including blowing a 98-MPH fastball by Miguel Cabrera.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)