Mar 9, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
When the Yankees got Chan Ho Park they needed roster room, so they DFA’d Edwar Ramirez. Today they unloaded him for cash to Texas.
Ramirez has always struck out a ton of dudes, but he’s dinger-prone and walks a lot of guys. Still, he’s definitely someone that can help a bullpen — strikeouts from relievers are super duper important, and he has improved a bit — but the Yankees just didn’t have room for him after the Park signing, and it’s not like they were going to eat Chad Gaudin’s $2.95 million, for example.
As for Texas’ end of the deal (1) where are they getting cash all of a sudden?; and (2) with C.J. Wilson, Neftali Feliz, Darren
O’Day, Darren Oliver and several other good relievers in the fold, it’s gonna be tough for Ramirez to find a spot. But hey, when it comes to bullpen arms, the more the merrier.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 10
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)