Mar 9, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
When the Yankees got Chan Ho Park they needed roster room, so they DFA’d Edwar Ramirez. Today they unloaded him for cash to Texas.
Ramirez has always struck out a ton of dudes, but he’s dinger-prone and walks a lot of guys. Still, he’s definitely someone that can help a bullpen — strikeouts from relievers are super duper important, and he has improved a bit — but the Yankees just didn’t have room for him after the Park signing, and it’s not like they were going to eat Chad Gaudin’s $2.95 million, for example.
As for Texas’ end of the deal (1) where are they getting cash all of a sudden?; and (2) with C.J. Wilson, Neftali Feliz, Darren
O’Day, Darren Oliver and several other good relievers in the fold, it’s gonna be tough for Ramirez to find a spot. But hey, when it comes to bullpen arms, the more the merrier.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)