Mar 9, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
When the Yankees got Chan Ho Park they needed roster room, so they DFA’d Edwar Ramirez. Today they unloaded him for cash to Texas.
Ramirez has always struck out a ton of dudes, but he’s dinger-prone and walks a lot of guys. Still, he’s definitely someone that can help a bullpen — strikeouts from relievers are super duper important, and he has improved a bit — but the Yankees just didn’t have room for him after the Park signing, and it’s not like they were going to eat Chad Gaudin’s $2.95 million, for example.
As for Texas’ end of the deal (1) where are they getting cash all of a sudden?; and (2) with C.J. Wilson, Neftali Feliz, Darren
O’Day, Darren Oliver and several other good relievers in the fold, it’s gonna be tough for Ramirez to find a spot. But hey, when it comes to bullpen arms, the more the merrier.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)