Mar 9, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
When the Yankees got Chan Ho Park they needed roster room, so they DFA’d Edwar Ramirez. Today they unloaded him for cash to Texas.
Ramirez has always struck out a ton of dudes, but he’s dinger-prone and walks a lot of guys. Still, he’s definitely someone that can help a bullpen — strikeouts from relievers are super duper important, and he has improved a bit — but the Yankees just didn’t have room for him after the Park signing, and it’s not like they were going to eat Chad Gaudin’s $2.95 million, for example.
As for Texas’ end of the deal (1) where are they getting cash all of a sudden?; and (2) with C.J. Wilson, Neftali Feliz, Darren
O’Day, Darren Oliver and several other good relievers in the fold, it’s gonna be tough for Ramirez to find a spot. But hey, when it comes to bullpen arms, the more the merrier.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)