Mar 9, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
When the Yankees got Chan Ho Park they needed roster room, so they DFA’d Edwar Ramirez. Today they unloaded him for cash to Texas.
Ramirez has always struck out a ton of dudes, but he’s dinger-prone and walks a lot of guys. Still, he’s definitely someone that can help a bullpen — strikeouts from relievers are super duper important, and he has improved a bit — but the Yankees just didn’t have room for him after the Park signing, and it’s not like they were going to eat Chad Gaudin’s $2.95 million, for example.
As for Texas’ end of the deal (1) where are they getting cash all of a sudden?; and (2) with C.J. Wilson, Neftali Feliz, Darren
O’Day, Darren Oliver and several other good relievers in the fold, it’s gonna be tough for Ramirez to find a spot. But hey, when it comes to bullpen arms, the more the merrier.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (99)