Mar 10, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
Aaron Boone officially retired last month to join the Baseball Tonight crew on ESPN and five years after calling it quits his brother Bret Boone has now found a job managing the Victoria Seals of the independent Golden Baseball League.
Boone spent most of his 14-year career with the Mariners and Reds, but finished on a sour note by hitting .170 in forgettable 14-game stint with the Twins. “This is a fantastic opportunity for me to start the second chapter of my baseball career,” Boone said. “Returning to the Pacific Northwest is a thrill for me, and I can’t wait to start pulling together a winning franchise here in Victoria.”
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead