Mar 10, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Scary moment here in Ft. Myers. In the bottom of the second, Adrian Beltre’s bat shattered and the barrel shot out to the mound, striking David Price on the right (non-pitching) hand. It was hard to see where it hit as it happened, but he left the game with his hand wrapped in a towel. A few minutes ago the announcement came over the PA that he had “an abrasion on his right plam.” Maybe he should start wearing a glove or something.
Anyway, I’m not sure if Adrian Beltre swings a maple bat or not, but whatever it was, it was scary as hell. I worry that someone is going to get seriously hurt by a bat shard one of these days.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)