Mar 10, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Scary moment here in Ft. Myers. In the bottom of the second, Adrian Beltre’s bat shattered and the barrel shot out to the mound, striking David Price on the right (non-pitching) hand. It was hard to see where it hit as it happened, but he left the game with his hand wrapped in a towel. A few minutes ago the announcement came over the PA that he had “an abrasion on his right plam.” Maybe he should start wearing a glove or something.
Anyway, I’m not sure if Adrian Beltre swings a maple bat or not, but whatever it was, it was scary as hell. I worry that someone is going to get seriously hurt by a bat shard one of these days.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)