Mar 10, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Scary moment here in Ft. Myers. In the bottom of the second, Adrian Beltre’s bat shattered and the barrel shot out to the mound, striking David Price on the right (non-pitching) hand. It was hard to see where it hit as it happened, but he left the game with his hand wrapped in a towel. A few minutes ago the announcement came over the PA that he had “an abrasion on his right plam.” Maybe he should start wearing a glove or something.
Anyway, I’m not sure if Adrian Beltre swings a maple bat or not, but whatever it was, it was scary as hell. I worry that someone is going to get seriously hurt by a bat shard one of these days.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 18
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29