Mar 10, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Scary moment here in Ft. Myers. In the bottom of the second, Adrian Beltre’s bat shattered and the barrel shot out to the mound, striking David Price on the right (non-pitching) hand. It was hard to see where it hit as it happened, but he left the game with his hand wrapped in a towel. A few minutes ago the announcement came over the PA that he had “an abrasion on his right plam.” Maybe he should start wearing a glove or something.
Anyway, I’m not sure if Adrian Beltre swings a maple bat or not, but whatever it was, it was scary as hell. I worry that someone is going to get seriously hurt by a bat shard one of these days.
- Report: Royals agree to a deal with Omar Infante worth about $30 million over four years 0
- Major League Baseball to investigate Randy Levine for tampering as a result of Mike Trout comment 10
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” 83
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 17
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 60
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)