Mar 10, 2010, 9:04 AM EDT
I’m at the Red Sox camp today, and for the second straight day my timing is good. As I got into the press box this morning they were setting up for a press conference. It won’t go down until later today, but the buzz in here is that the Red Sox are signing Nomar Garciaparra to a one-day contract, after which he will announce his retirement. He’s going to take a job as an ESPN analyst.
The retirement is not unexpected. Boston signing him and allowing him to retire a Red Sox is not as expected, but it’s pretty damn classy if you ask me.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17