Mar 10, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
lar at Wezen-Ball has it, and it’s more interesting than you might imagine. Call me crazy, but I think the polo helmets Connie Mack experimented with following Mickey Cochrane’s career-ending beaning look pretty spiffy.
The big joke last year was about David Wright and that giant new helmet he wore a few times towards the end of the season. Know what? If I thought it meant the difference between getting killed or walking away from a major league fastball to the noggin, I’d wear it in a heartbeat. Hell, I’d probably wear a set of mixing bowls or the kettle to a Weber Grill if I thought it would keep me safe.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 0
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 2
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)