Mar 10, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
lar at Wezen-Ball has it, and it’s more interesting than you might imagine. Call me crazy, but I think the polo helmets Connie Mack experimented with following Mickey Cochrane’s career-ending beaning look pretty spiffy.
The big joke last year was about David Wright and that giant new helmet he wore a few times towards the end of the season. Know what? If I thought it meant the difference between getting killed or walking away from a major league fastball to the noggin, I’d wear it in a heartbeat. Hell, I’d probably wear a set of mixing bowls or the kettle to a Weber Grill if I thought it would keep me safe.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)