Mar 10, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
lar at Wezen-Ball has it, and it’s more interesting than you might imagine. Call me crazy, but I think the polo helmets Connie Mack experimented with following Mickey Cochrane’s career-ending beaning look pretty spiffy.
The big joke last year was about David Wright and that giant new helmet he wore a few times towards the end of the season. Know what? If I thought it meant the difference between getting killed or walking away from a major league fastball to the noggin, I’d wear it in a heartbeat. Hell, I’d probably wear a set of mixing bowls or the kettle to a Weber Grill if I thought it would keep me safe.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 1
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)