Mar 11, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Kelvim Escobar waxes philosophical:
The injured Mets reliever Kelvim Escobar said he was very confident
he can come back from shoulder soreness to play this season, and
hopefully very soon. But in the event he cannot, Escobar can live with
it. “I’m a very proud man,” he said. “I’ve had a decent career. Whatever happens, I’ll be happy. It’s in the air,” he said. “You never know. It’s been two years
since I pitched. But right now I’m working hard to come back as soon as
If it is determined he needs surgery, Escobar said he would have it, as
long as the doctors tell him he could pitch again. But that would be
his last attempt.
Escobar had great stuff when he pitched. It’s a shame to see him get hit with so many injuries these past few years.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42