Mar 11, 2010, 8:30 AM EST
The latest on the Rangers sale that everyone wants to pretend is inevitable:
Talks between the MLB Rangers and the team’s creditors are at an
impasse, sources said, all but ending any chance of the sale of the
team closing by Opening Day . . . “They have been at an impasse for weeks if not longer,” one source
said. “Baseball has been deluding itself. No idea how long it can go.”
MLB declined to comment.
How much longer the situation can drag on is unclear, with one
source saying in a few weeks the team could be forced into bankruptcy
In light of this, I’m wondering if MLB and Greenberg’s people are going to continue with the PR tack they’ve taken about all of this so far.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)